Collaboration with MA Illustration Students at Sway


Collaboration with MA Illustration Students at Sway



In alignment with my research and practice I participated in a brief called nature with a group of MA illustration students at Sway.  It was a great experience working in collaboration, but also a good way to test my illustrations in a gallery space.  I was able to screen-print my drawings directly on to the wall, incorporating them in with the other mediums creating one narrative piece.  




By taking my drawings out of my sketchbooks and putting them into a space gave them a narrative.  This is what I have been striving for as I had found a visual vocabulary but struggled in a narrative approach.  Being able to do this helped me in contextualizing my work. This brief impacted my practice immensely and this is where changes started to happen and progress within my work and research.  This was the beginning of the foundation for my Masters Project.

Screen printing on the wall in Sway
Working in the space at Sway.










No comments:

Post a Comment