Print Fair London




Original London Print Fair


Printing became more than reproduction for me, more of a trial and error as most of my mistakes became my final pieces of work. For me It’s all about the process as well as the result. Bringing a new visual language to my practice has allowed me to take risks but stay to true to the one process I think is never-ending, printmaking.London's longest-running art fair.

“Held at the Royal Academy of Arts in April, the London Original Print Fair offers an opportunity to view works from all periods of printmaking, from the earliest woodcuts of Dürer, to the latest editions by contemporary masters. The intimate, boutique Fair provides a friendly atmosphere for both budding collectors and seasoned print enthusiasts to engage with dealers and artists.” (http://www.londonprintfair.com)The London Print fair gave me great inspiration within my practice. Print is the process I have choosen to specialize in under the umbrella of illustration. The fair encompassed traditional printmakers specializing in fine art print and illustration. There were works from Picasso, Matisse, Fancis Bacon, Rob Ryan, Andy Worhol, and Paul Calwell just to name a few. Among the renoned artists were also contemporary and up and coming printmakers Adam Bridgland, Ryan Callanan, Peter Dean, Stanley Donwood, Robin Duttson. There were numbered booths set up throughout the RA each number represented a gallery from all over the worls exhibiting some rare original prints from well known artists and new artists. This was my third year visiting the Print Fair and every year one is guaranteed to be amazed from the new to the old of Printmaking. This is an exhibition worth visiting even for the amature artist to the avid collector. I took away great inspiration from this fair that I have since appropriated with in my MA work.


Print Fair Works

Robbin Duttson Silkscreen 21 color print



                                       

                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment